HOT STONE MASSAGE
We offer hot stone massage as a therapeutic and restorative treatment. We can also, where desired, incorporate hot stones into our soft tissue therapy and sports massage treatments to give you a deep, relaxing and effective treatment.
During the treatment hot stones are used to release muscular tension. The combination of heat from the stones and deep massage strokes helps to increase circulation and improve blood flow to your muscles. This helps with healing, calming the nervous system and reducing pain. Stones are also placed on the body to allow the heat to sink deep into you, encouraging muscles to soften and release tension in areas hands cannot access.
Because your body is relaxed and circulation is increased you will leave the treatment room feeling like a new person.
We always work within your comfort levels, so while we say “hot stones”, we never apply the stones if they are too hot for you – and we appreciate that everybody’s perception of temperature differs. As with all of our treatments, communication is maintained throughout and we listen and respond to how your body reacts; your comfort and safety is paramount.
Benefits of hot stone massage:
- Full body and mind relaxation – melts away fatigue and stress
- Calming effects – easing stress, anxiety and tension
- Deep muscle relaxation
- Pain relief in muscles and joints
- Decreases muscle spasms
- Increases circulation – perfect for after an arduous event
- Decreases swelling
Who can have Hot Stone treatments?
Most people are able to benefit from stone treatments, but please refer to the contraindications shown. People with any of the following conditions particularly benefit from this amazing treatment:
- General muscle tension
- Targeting muscle pain and tightness
- Trigger points
- Muscular strains
- Stress, anxiety and depression
- Poor circulation
- Headaches and migraines
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
Grapeseed oil is normally used with the stones to facilitate smooth massage strokes. If you have an allergy to this oil we will use an alternative.
- Sensitivity to heat (including sunburn, hypersensitive or broken skin)
- Thrombosis / Varicose Veins / Stroke
- Heart conditions
- Circulatory problems
- Diabetic complications (peripheral neuropathy)
- Pregnancy in the first trimester, or if there is a history of miscarriage
- Cancer during active treatment
- High/Low blood pressure
Please speak to Lynne if you are unsure whether this treatment is for you.
Price: £55 for 1 hour
The natural basalt stones we use require time to heat up gradually therefore it isn’t feasible to provide shorter treatments.
To book call us on 07985 251185 or email email@example.com