SPECIALIST TRAINING FOR BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER PREGNANCY
Hi, I’m Lynne and I’m a Personal Trainer with a particular interest and specialist training in Women’s Health and Pregnancy Fitness. Whether you are thinking about having a baby in the future, currently pregnant, or have already given birth, I will be able to help prepare you for, and support you throughout and beyond your pregnancy.
Having undertaken advanced personal training qualifications I am able to guide you through the Prenatal Preparation stage, Exercising Safely whilst Pregnant, and will show you how to Restore and Heal when you return to exercise after birth. My approach is tailored to your goals, your current fitness level and any pregnancy related health issues you may experience.
The training I provide isn’t a one plan fits all – you and your pregnancy are unique and each training plan is specifically designed for you. I will work with you on a one-to-one basis with sessions carried out in a safe, secure and private environment, ensuring that you benefit from my total attention throughout each session.
My approach is to give you holistic advice and strategies that will benefit your health and fitness, not just during and immediately after pregnancy, but in all aspects of your life. You will receive comprehensive, tailor made training designed specifically to benefit you in pregnancy, and one that I adapt as your pregnancy progresses. This includes:
- Specific core strengthening and postural exercises, essential to support your growing baby and protect your spine as your centre of gravity alters
- Our specific functional approach to training for pelvic floor muscles, essential to support the weight of the growing baby and prevent problems with continence
- Postural correction, including skilled hands-on massage treatment for soft tissue release, postural realignment and mobilisation
- Education into the physiology of your body so you understand your how it changes during pregnancy
- Strategies for relaxation, visualisation breathing techniques, preparing the mind and body for a positive birth
- A safe and effective post-natal recovery programme tailored to your individual needs
There are many positive reasons for exercising before, during and after pregnancy. I firmly believe in providing you with safe exercise guidance allowing you to flourish mentally and physically on your pregnancy journey. In the words of Sheila Kitzinger (natural childbirth activist and author on childbirth and pregnancy):
This statement is echoed by the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists:
You only have one body, so let’s get it in the BEST shape possible.
Click the icons below to find out how we can help at each stage of pregnancy: